Jurek Owsiak on celebrating Independence Day, unity, “shock therapy” and paying taxes
Let’s not appropriate Independence Day to just one place. And it’s very far, right-wing. Let’s go ahead and say that we are one – said Jurek Owsiak, president of the WOŚP Foundation, in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24. He said that “maybe we need shock therapy.” – I am ready to pay even higher taxes, for example for health care, if I know that this money will not be wasted – he added.
In the program, Owsiak referred to Saturday’s Independence Day and the nationalist march organized in connection with it, which took place through the streets of Warsaw.
– I have nothing against marches. I have nothing against any procession. Let everyone reveal themselves in this matter and say: “this is how I see it.” I am against it when the law is broken with slogans. When you say Nazi slogans, when you present slogans that say who is a real Pole and who is not – said the president of the WOŚP Foundation.
– But let’s not create such a law, let’s not appropriate Independence Day to just one place. And it’s very, very far, right-wing – he added. Owsiak said that patriotic manifestations should be dominated by the attitude of smiling and contentment. – Let’s go ahead and say that we are one – he added.
Owsiak: common Europe is for the good of Poland
The guest of “Fakty po Faktach” also commented on Friday’s statement Jarosław Kaczyńskiwho stated that “a specific plan has already been prepared, the implementation of which by the European Union would lead not only to depriving us of independence, not only to depriving us of sovereignty, but even to the annihilation of the Polish state.”
– Mr. Jarosław, believe me that Poles who have chosen this new time also believe that a common Europe is for the good of Poland – he said.
Owsiak: I am ready to pay more taxes if I know that this money will not be wasted
Owsiak also referred to the current socio-political situation after elections parliamentary. He said that “maybe we need shock therapy.” – So let’s make the calculation as we have – he added.
– Even if this bill is dangerous. Even if this bill – our entire system, the state of the country – requires saying: “you will pay more tax because we have to fix it somehow.” I’m ready for this. But I prefer to know the worst truth, he continued.
– I believe that many people prefer this truth. And he also prefers to face this truth. I will say it again – I am ready to pay even more taxes, for example for health care, (…), but I am ready to pay if I know that this money will not be wasted – emphasized the TVN24 guest.
Main photo source: TVN24