An electricity refund of PLN 125 for households is planned for 2023. Tauron, Energa, PGE and other electricity sellers inform customers about the conditions that must be met to use this add-on. How to lower your electricity bill in 2023? What condition must be met by December 15?
- PLN 125 refund for electricity – how to use it?
- What conditions must be met? 1 condition out of 6 is enough
- Two deadlines to meet the conditions
- Do I need to submit an application for a 2023 electricity refund?
It entered into force in September 2023 government regulation regarding electricity reimbursement. Electricity sellers are obliged to retroactively reduce electricity prices for households by 12%. The discount is exactly PLN 125.34. How to take advantage of this opportunity? Individual energy companies, including: Tauron, PGE and Enea are explaining to their customers what conditions must be met to receive a refund for electricity in 2023.
Express Biedrzycka – Michał KAMIŃSKI
PLN 125 refund for electricity – how to use it?
It should be clarified at the outset that the rules for granting refunds for electricity are the same at all sellers. For all customers who are household customers, energy companies are obliged to reduce their bill once in an amount equal to 12% of the product of the average electricity price published by the President of the Energy Regulatory Office for 2022 and resulting from the tariffs of official suppliers, for the G1x tariff and the energy volume of 2,523 kWh. The bill reduction will amount to exactly PLN 125.34.
What conditions must be met? 1 condition out of 6 is enough
To receive a refund for electricity, you must use energy for household needs and meet at least one of the following conditions set out in the regulation: :
- for a period of at least three consecutive months between January 1, 2023 and September 30, 2023, reduce electricity consumption by 5% for the same three consecutive months between January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022,
- confirm or verify the correctness of your data with the seller,
- consent to receiving correspondence from the energy supplier, in particular VAT invoices, via electronic means of communication within the meaning of Art. 2 point 5 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services electronically or in a dedicated website,
- consent to receiving information from your energy supplier regarding our products and services,
- be a prosumer of renewable energy within the meaning of Art. 2 point 27a of the Act of February 20, 2015 on renewable energy sources,
- belong to one of the groups entitled to benefit from the increased limits up to which electricity prices are frozen in 2023 and submit an appropriate declaration for this purpose (this applies to holders of the Large Family Card, people with disabilities or living with a person with a disability, and farmers).
The regulation also requires companies to inform customers about the discount – in paper form, electronically, by phone or on their website.
Two deadlines to meet the conditions
If at least one of the above is not met. conditions, and you want to take advantage of a one-time bill reduction – it’s time to meet at least one of the conditions: 2, 3 and 4 is until December 15, 2023 and 5 and 6 until December 31, 2023.
Do I need to submit an application for a 2023 electricity refund?
You do not need to submit any applications to take advantage of the discount. The refund will be included in the electricity invoice, which covers the settlement for 2023.