Children want to develop and be happy. National Children’s Rights Day
2023-11-20, 06:51 Monika Kaczyńska/Editor
The culmination of the national celebration of the National Children’s Rights Day – on the initiative of the Ombudsman for Children, Mikołaj Pawlak – took place in Toruń. We decided to ask students of Primary School No. 14, which was visited by the Commissioner, if they knew anything more about their rights.
– Providing us with the basic things that every child should have: the opportunity to learn, develop their interests and themselves – says one of the students. – I wish there were free lunches in schools, so that children from poorer families who cannot afford them could eat them – says another child. – I think there should be happiness for every child. So that the school would fund all the textbooks and notebooks, says one of the girls.
Children’s rights include: personal rights (the right to life, to identity, to development, to be brought up in a family, to express one’s own views, to information); political rights (also public: to express one’s own views, to participate in associations), social rights (to decent living conditions and an adequate standard of living, to health care, to rest) and economic laws (for study; this also applies to the protection of labor law undertaken as part of the obligation to study or holiday work).
National Children’s Rights Day falls on November 20. This holiday was established on the initiative of the Ombudsman for Children, Marek Michalak, by a resolution of the Sejm in 2014 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child by the UN General Assembly.
We are looking for people willing to join the Senior Support Corps in our region. The Corps is a nationwide program to support older people. We need volunteers… Read on “
– We need to listen to young people and follow their needs – says Agata Kobylińska, plenipotentiary of the Mayor of Łódź for children and youth. Between… Read on “
It is intended to help parents of children born before the 37th week of pregnancy. A support group for parents of premature babies was launched in Bydgoszcz. This… Read on “
An Open Notary Day was organized in Bydgoszcz. The meeting with the notary took place at the 1st Secondary School. The advice was free. Main topic… Read on “
Polish Press Agency
– Pneumonia caused by pneumococcal bacteria is the most common cause of hospitalization due to pneumonia and the fourth cause of… Read on “
– This day is very symbolic for us. From that day on, you can become a donor – says Joanna Sadzik, president of the WIOSNA Association organizing the Noble… Read on “
Four days, a dozen or so speakers, workshops and a field game. The “Fifth Ocean” Travelers’ Festival is underway in Świecie. This is an opportunity for everyone who loves… Read on “
On November 17, on the occasion of World Multiplication Table Day, schools across Poland organize special lessons and events encouraging people to remember… Read on “
Polish Press Agency
– Approximately 18,000 people are diagnosed with colorectal cancer every year. people in Poland. Early detection of colorectal cancer significantly increases the effectiveness of treatment… Read on “