A fire broke out at AIIMS Deoghar, no injuries were reported
RANCHI, April 13 (IANS) A fire broke out at the AIIMS building in Deoghar in Jharkhand on Thursday, though no casualties were reported in the incident.
Firefighting teams arrived at the scene and managed to control the fire after an hour. State Health Minister Banna Gupta ordered an investigation into the incident.
The fire broke out in the lower part of Building B, where flames began to rise and a cloud of smoke spread through the entire building within minutes. People in the building have been moved to safer places.
Saurabh Varshney, director of the AIIMS, said the fire broke out due to a spark during welding work in an area under construction.
There was a pile of rubbish lying there containing flammable materials including plastic.
snc / fs / arm