4 Kanwariyas were electrocuted in Saharanpur in UP
SAHARANPUR (Uttar Pradesh), July 12 (IANS) Four Kanwars were injured after an iron bar attached to the flag of their truck touched an electric wire in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh state, police said.
The incident occurred in Nanauta district of Saharanpur.
The wounded were devotees of Lord Shiva from Kata village in Baghpat, who were on their way to Haridwar to fetch water for the ganga.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Sagar Jai, said that when the iron bar touched the electric cable, current passed through the truck scalding four qurans.
The injured were taken to the district hospital, where their condition was said to be stable.